New York: A Leader in Energy Innovation
Welcome to NYS Smart Grid Consortium
Mission: The purpose of the Consortium is to collectively harness the unique resources of New York State to help define and achieve its strategic Smart Grid vision; facilitate and enable timely, efficient, cost-effective Smart Grid developments; and serve as a model for the nation.
America’s largest conference and exhibition for the global offshore wind power industry, USOW19 is the No.. 1 networking hub for businesses seeking to invest, find partners, or secure contracts in upcoming US offshore wind projects. USOW19 conference unites 1200+ offshore wind executives, covering all aspects of the US offshore wind markets, including two deep-dive breakout sessions on Commercializing Floating Wind Turbines and US Offshore Wind Supply Chain. The USOW-EXPO exhibition happening alongside the conference hall will accommodate 60+ exhibition booths for companies that wish to sell products and services into the US offshore wind supply chain. For more information, click here.
Smart Grid Modernization Activities Underway In NY State
There are a variety of key activities now underway in New York State that are relevant to grid modernization.
Learn more about these activities by clicking here to read more about NY State Smart Grid Modernization.
- Con Edison Modernized Distribution System Demonstration
- Con Edison Secure Interoperable Open Smart Grid Demonstration Project
- Con Edison CoolNYC Program
- Orange and Rockland Smart Grid Deployment Project
- LIPA 110 Corridor Demonstration Project
- NYISO Phasor Measurement Unit Network for New York
- NYPA Evaluation of Instrumentation and Dynamic Thermal Ratings for Overhead Lines
- New NYISO Control Center
- NYSEG Advanced Compressed Air Energy Storage Plant
- National Grid – Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus Partnership
- AES Energy Storage 8MW Battery-based Storage System
Become a Member
JOIN US: If your organization is interested in becoming a member of the NY State Smart Grid Consortium please click on the below link and complete the form.
Membership in the New York State Smart Grid Consortium (NYSSGC) provides organizations with access to the industry leaders that are part of this unique public-private partnership devoted to promoting broad statewide implementation of a safe, secure and reliable smart grid. As a nonprofit organization established specifically to accelerate grid modernization throughout New York State, the Consortium serves as a very strong forum for member organizations to develop and shape future policies, projects and strategies.