New York: A Leader in Energy Innovation
Welcome to NYS Smart Grid Consortium
Mission: The purpose of the Consortium is to collectively harness the unique resources of New York State to help define and achieve its strategic Smart Grid vision; facilitate and enable timely, efficient, cost-effective Smart Grid developments; and serve as a model for the nation.
Suffolk Transportation Service and Bay Shore Union Free School District are introducing four electric school buses to their fleet using a $700,000 federal grant from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. These buses, which are made by Blue Bird, are entirely electric and result in zero emissions. They are able to travel up to 120 miles on a single charge and cost […]
The New York Power Authority (NYPA) and the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) are installing 71 electric vehicle charging stations at businesses and nonprofits throughout the state – 30 of which will be on Long Island. Each station will cost $8,000, which will be covered by NYPA and NYSERDA. Northwell Health (which is based out of New Hyde Park with over 70,000 employees) will be […]
New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo urged the state legislature to take action on a number of initiatives detailed in his “2019 Justice Agenda.” Among them is the Green New Deal, which will set the state on a path to eliminating its carbon footprint with the goal of making New York’s electricity 100% carbon neutral […]
The ARPA-E Energy Innovation Summit (The Summit) is an annual conference and technology showcase that brings together experts from different technical disciplines and professional communities to think about America’s energy challenges in new and innovative ways. Now in its tenth year, the Summit offers a unique, three-day program aimed at moving transformational energy technologies out of the lab and into the market. Join other energy industry experts, thought leaders, and decision makers at the 2019 Summit to:
- Experience first-hand the latest technological advancements across a wide variety of energy sectors
- Attend practical seminars about how to accelerate cutting-edge technologies on a path toward commercialization
- Network with breakthrough technology companies, federal government leaders, entrepreneurs, and researchers who are ready to collaborate
- Meet influential government, research labs, and private-sector leaders and learn about partnerships and funding opportunities
- Hear insightful keynotes from industry leaders and luminaries on the future of energy technology
- Apply to have your breakthrough technology featured in the highly regarded Technology Showcase
FUTURE SUMMIT DATES & LOCATIONS
2021 ARPA-E Energy Innovation Summit: March 17-19, 2021 | Gaylord National | National Harbor, MD
The Department of Energy’s Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy (ARPA E) invests in transformational ideas to America’s energy future more reliable, secure, and affordable. ARPA-E programs address critical challenges in energy generation, use, and storage. For more information on ARPA-E and its innovative project portfolio, please visit www.arpa-e.energy.gov.
Smart Grid Modernization Activities Underway In NY State
There are a variety of key activities now underway in New York State that are relevant to grid modernization.
Learn more about these activities by clicking here to read more about NY State Smart Grid Modernization.
- Con Edison Modernized Distribution System Demonstration
- Con Edison Secure Interoperable Open Smart Grid Demonstration Project
- Con Edison CoolNYC Program
- Orange and Rockland Smart Grid Deployment Project
- LIPA 110 Corridor Demonstration Project
- NYISO Phasor Measurement Unit Network for New York
- NYPA Evaluation of Instrumentation and Dynamic Thermal Ratings for Overhead Lines
- New NYISO Control Center
- NYSEG Advanced Compressed Air Energy Storage Plant
- National Grid – Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus Partnership
- AES Energy Storage 8MW Battery-based Storage System
Become a Member
JOIN US: If your organization is interested in becoming a member of the NY State Smart Grid Consortium please click on the below link and complete the form.
Membership in the New York State Smart Grid Consortium (NYSSGC) provides organizations with access to the industry leaders that are part of this unique public-private partnership devoted to promoting broad statewide implementation of a safe, secure and reliable smart grid. As a nonprofit organization established specifically to accelerate grid modernization throughout New York State, the Consortium serves as a very strong forum for member organizations to develop and shape future policies, projects and strategies.