New York: A Leader in Energy Innovation
Welcome to NYS Smart Grid Consortium
Mission: The purpose of the Consortium is to collectively harness the unique resources of New York State to help define and achieve its strategic Smart Grid vision; facilitate and enable timely, efficient, cost-effective Smart Grid developments; and serve as a model for the nation.
Suffolk Transportation Service and Bay Shore Union Free School District are introducing four electric school buses to their fleet using a $700,000 federal grant from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. These buses, which are made by Blue Bird, are entirely electric and result in zero emissions. They are able to travel up to 120 miles on a single charge and cost […]
The New York Power Authority (NYPA) and the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) are installing 71 electric vehicle charging stations at businesses and nonprofits throughout the state – 30 of which will be on Long Island. Each station will cost $8,000, which will be covered by NYPA and NYSERDA. Northwell Health (which is based out of New Hyde Park with over 70,000 employees) will be […]
New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo urged the state legislature to take action on a number of initiatives detailed in his “2019 Justice Agenda.” Among them is the Green New Deal, which will set the state on a path to eliminating its carbon footprint with the goal of making New York’s electricity 100% carbon neutral […]
Programme highlights include:
- Case-Study Programme – hear from 20+ international utility SCADA experts and implementation leaders on the lessons learnt from real life implementations of next-generation SCADA, EMS and DMS across smart grid infrastructures
- Utility Heavy Speaker Line-Up – selected on the strength of the projects they are involved in, their pivotal roles in implementation decision making, and their insights into lessons learnt and future roadmaps
- Roundtable Discussions – take the opportunity to brainstorm and problem solve with peers from across the smart grid SCADA industry
- System Integration Workshop – taking place the day before the main conference, this tutorial provides practical guidance on how to integrate your SCADA infrastructure with a range of other enterprise systems to deliver a plethora of business-wide benefits
- SCADA Cybersecurity Seminar – hear how leading utilities are securing their next-generation SCADA infrastructure against the latest emerging threats in this in-depth and comprehensive case-study seminar
- Solution Zone – running alongside the main 3-day conference, the solution zone provides a focussed display of SCADA products and services, with experts on hand to discuss your specific challenges and provide tailored advice to help propel your implementation plans to the next level
- Live Demo Labs – a 1:1 private demonstration, providing you with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience of the most advanced and forward-looking SCADA solutions and services
- Evening Networking Reception – taking place the evening of conference day one, this networking event is open to all participants enabling you to relax and unwind, allow new ideas to cement and new partnership opportunities to emerge
Monday 27 January 2020
SCADA System Integration Workshop
This one-day workshop will address the challenges of integrating SCADA infrastructure with other enterprise systems through a number of presentations, breakout sessions and discussions, covering digital architecture, integration with OMS, GIS and asset management systems, the application of industry standards such as CIM, governance frameworks, and change management.
Tuesday 28 – Thursday 30 January 2020
Main Conference & Exhibition
This updated and expanded programme will provide a greater depth and breadth of next- generation SCADA case-studies, deep-diving into advanced SCADA implementation challenges, tackling implementation roadmaps, modular design, ADMS roll-out, SCADA for DERs and flexibility, and more.
Friday 31 January 2020
SCADA Cybersecurity Seminar
This full-day seminar will feature a range of case-studies from leading utilities and industry experts, demonstrating the latest strategies, tools, and frameworks that can be applied to utility SCADA infrastructure to manage the growing threat of cyber attacks.
Connect to the people and companies with the power to deliver a decarbonized future at Cleantech Forum San Francisco on 27-29 January 2020.
Since 2002, we’ve brought together global investors, innovators, corporates and change makers looking for answers to the biggest question: who will lead the transformation we’re all waiting for?
This year, the theme of the Forum echoes the growing pressure to deliver solutions: Welcome to the Chaos of the 2020s: Urgent Actions, Unusual Strategies, Unexpected Allies. Join us for three days of opportunities to discover how to succeed in increasingly turbulent times. In San Francisco, you’ll find the people and ideas that matter and leave with the contacts and network to help you take the next steps.
The Forum connects the latest generation of start-ups with investors and corporates looking for new partners.
Meet the people joining us for the Forum.
What People Have to Say About the Forum
“One of the best conferences I have ever been to”
– Gregorio Oberti, Managing Director, PwC
“Startups, entrepreneurs, investors, corporates – all the most influential leaders and innovators of the global cleantech industry gather at Cleantech Forum San Francisco to attend meaningful discussions and identify new trends, emerging innovations and their deployment. It really is a MUST in the cleantech industry.”
– Andrée-Lise Méthot, Founder & Managing Director, Cycle Capital Management
“It was an absolute blast! Loved my first Cleantech Forum. What amazing people you gather. Feeling inspired and motivated.”
– Claire O’Connor, Senior Advisor, International Affairs, US Department of Energy
“Thank you for a great forum! I was humbled by the smart and experienced people I met, it was great rubbing shoulders with such intelligent people. And I’m following up with several of them!”
– Kathy Giori, Vice President, Arduino
Scottish Renewables’ Offshore Wind Conference, Exhibition & Dinner 2020 will explore the progress made over the past year in Scotland’s growing offshore wind sector and the upcoming opportunities the sector’s expansion presents for the energy and offshore supply chain across the length and breadth of the country.
Following a record-breaking Contracts for Difference auction in 2019, Scotland’s offshore wind industry will come together in Glasgow to explore the highlights and the challenges of the past year and to look ahead to the future.
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in the Scottish offshore wind industry, including investors, developers, OEMs, policy makers, regulators, academics, owner/operators, manufacturers and fabricators, contractors, service providers, established and new-entrant supply chain firms right across the offshore and energy fields and beyond.
Energy Disruption: How Local Governments Can Respond to the New Normal
January 31, 2020 | 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Join the Local Government Sustainable Energy Coalition (LGSEC), leading energy and climate practitioners, state agencies, local jurisdictions, and elected officials for LGSEC’s upcoming quarterly meeting taking place January 31, 2020 from 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM in San Diego with optional coffee networking beginning at 8:30 AM. This workshop will feature presentations on the role of local governments in supporting energy resilience, and opportunities to meet California’s climate ambitions and mandates. The meeting will also feature a regulatory update by LGSEC regulatory consultant and an opportunity for participants to share best practices from the field.
LGSEC is offering a 25% discount off registration when you bring a colleague! We encourage you to use the discount code as an opportunity to invite colleagues who typically do not engage in the energy and climate resilience discussion, but should! So grab a friend from public works, emergency services, or your favorite elected official and join us as we break down silos!
Please direct any questions to Grace Kaufman at email@example.com.
The Local Government Sustainable Energy Coalition (LGSEC) is a statewide membership network representing local interests at the state level. LGSEC is a coalition program of the Local Government Commission.
The sustainability profession is evolving, with new concerns and concepts emerging faster than ever. Join the powerful GreenBiz 20 community — more than 1,500 sustainability leaders from business, government, academia and NGOs — to explore the latest sustainable business trends and form valuable connections.
The National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners’ Winter Policy Summit in Washington, D.C. will convene an array of speakers from federal agencies, industry, advocacy organizations, and more. The committee meetings and general sessions will provide the latest policy updates related to utility regulation. Key resolutions will be discussed and approved by the board of directors at the conclusion of the meeting.
Likely topics include:
- Energy Efficiency Programs for Low-Income Customers
- Electric Cost-of-Service Studies for a New Era
- Regulators’ Manual for Reviewing Grid Modernization Plans
- DER for LMI
- Utility-Operated Behind-the-Meter
- Utilities’ Natural Disaster Plans
- Mexico Energy Reform
- Climate Change: Energy Security
- Brexit & Impact on Energy
- Coal & Fossil Fuel Export Restrictions
- Communicating with the Public
- Small Water Systems, Receivership Policies
- Algae Issues
- Troubled Waters book talk with author Seth Siegel
- Fair Market Value Acquisitions: Alternative Perspectives
- Smart Water Networks
- Closed Nuclear Plants that are Purchased by New Companies
- State-Federal Clash over the Minimum Offer Price Rule
- Regulatory Paradigms to Support Dynamic Load Flexibility
- Resource Adequacy and Capacity
- Decarbonization & Electrification with Universal Service
GLOBE Series is the largest and longest-running sustainable business summit and innovation showcase in North America. Since 1990, 170,000 people from 97 countries have come to GLOBE to learn from industry leaders, marvel at cutting-edge technology and form long-lasting partnerships.
Given the urgency of the global climate crisis, GLOBE 2020 will have a laser focus on impact, action and outcomes. Offering stellar growth and networking opportunities to thousands of corporate, government and young leaders, GLOBE is the business summit with global impact.
For the first time ever, GLOBE is dedicating a full day to business-to-business (B2B) networking and transactions focused on cleantech.
GLOBE Exchange will connect capital and market opportunities with innovation to accelerate the transition to the clean economy. It features curated matchmaking (innovator to investor, investor to investor and innovator to government), investor presentations, coaching for growth, opportunities to connect with young talent and other networking activities.
GLOBE’s Innovation Showcase is the place to experience cutting-edge technology and see the future of the clean economy.
In the Hall of Technology, you will get a chance to touch and feel the newest innovations in sustainability. Our Hall of Discovery will give you the opportunity to meet leaders from Canada and around the world, featuring corporate vanguards in five thematic clusters: Bioeconomy/Circular Economy, Mobility, Smart Cities, Carbon Productivity and Oceans and Plastic.
EXPERIENCE. INSPIRE . CONNECT
Attend the premier energy industry conference that draws the top program managers, implementers, marketers, evaluators, policy makers, consultants and manufacturers in Demand-side Management, Demand Response and IDSM. Highly regarded experts in their respective fields will lead over 45 sessions that cover a range of current topics in marketing, implementation, program design, technology, research, evaluation, diversity, and more. AESP’s 30th Annual celebration promises to deliver an unsurpassed conference experience. You will inspire and be inspired by the innovative educational and professional development sessions, unique activities, and exclusive opportunities to learn from industry thought leaders. Connect and re-connect with friends and peers to make this conference truly memorable.
AESP will kick-off our 30th Annual Conference with optional pre-conference workshops, a utility-only roundtable, a new professionals event , and an evening reception all on the first day! Following will be three days of speaker presentations, panel discussions, interactive roundtables, professional development segments and many networking events. Close to 1,000 energy professionals are expected to attend this annual conference in Anaheim at the energy efficient Anaheim Marriott. You will have many opportunities to connect with peers, make new contacts, learn something new and enjoy the sights and tastes of Anaheim, California.
Conference Rates (USD):
Speakers, Moderators, AESP Board Members & TC Chairs: $ 650
3 active members for $3,350 *
Full-time student: $350***
Group Member Points: 7
Early registration expires on January 24, 2020 – this includes the 3 for $3,350 offer.*
Rates after January 24 are:
Member $1395; Non-member $1595
Speakers, Moderators, Board Members & T/C Chairs: $700
Group Member Points: 8
Smart Grid Modernization Activities Underway In NY State
There are a variety of key activities now underway in New York State that are relevant to grid modernization.
Learn more about these activities by clicking here to read more about NY State Smart Grid Modernization.
- Con Edison Modernized Distribution System Demonstration
- Con Edison Secure Interoperable Open Smart Grid Demonstration Project
- Con Edison CoolNYC Program
- Orange and Rockland Smart Grid Deployment Project
- LIPA 110 Corridor Demonstration Project
- NYISO Phasor Measurement Unit Network for New York
- NYPA Evaluation of Instrumentation and Dynamic Thermal Ratings for Overhead Lines
- New NYISO Control Center
- NYSEG Advanced Compressed Air Energy Storage Plant
- National Grid – Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus Partnership
- AES Energy Storage 8MW Battery-based Storage System
Become a Member
JOIN US: If your organization is interested in becoming a member of the NY State Smart Grid Consortium please click on the below link and complete the form.
Membership in the New York State Smart Grid Consortium (NYSSGC) provides organizations with access to the industry leaders that are part of this unique public-private partnership devoted to promoting broad statewide implementation of a safe, secure and reliable smart grid. As a nonprofit organization established specifically to accelerate grid modernization throughout New York State, the Consortium serves as a very strong forum for member organizations to develop and shape future policies, projects and strategies.