New York: A Leader in Energy Innovation
Welcome to NYS Smart Grid Consortium
Mission: The purpose of the Consortium is to collectively harness the unique resources of New York State to help define and achieve its strategic Smart Grid vision; facilitate and enable timely, efficient, cost-effective Smart Grid developments; and serve as a model for the nation.
New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo urged the state legislature to take action on a number of initiatives detailed in his “2019 Justice Agenda.” Among them is the Green New Deal, which will set the state on a path to eliminating its carbon footprint with the goal of making New York’s electricity 100% carbon neutral […]
To download a PDF of the slides, please click here.
In a further move to combat climate change and meet the state’s clean energy goals, the New York State Public Service Commission has approved significant increases in the state’s energy efficiency and energy storage targets. Responding to a directive by Governor Andrew Cuomo to develop an ambitious new energy efficiency target by Earth Day, the […]
Smart Grid Modernization Activities Underway In NY State
There are a variety of key activities now underway in New York State that are relevant to grid modernization.
Learn more about these activities by clicking here to read more about NY State Smart Grid Modernization.
- Con Edison Modernized Distribution System Demonstration
- Con Edison Secure Interoperable Open Smart Grid Demonstration Project
- Con Edison CoolNYC Program
- Orange and Rockland Smart Grid Deployment Project
- LIPA 110 Corridor Demonstration Project
- NYISO Phasor Measurement Unit Network for New York
- NYPA Evaluation of Instrumentation and Dynamic Thermal Ratings for Overhead Lines
- New NYISO Control Center
- NYSEG Advanced Compressed Air Energy Storage Plant
- National Grid – Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus Partnership
- AES Energy Storage 8MW Battery-based Storage System
Become a Member
JOIN US: If your organization is interested in becoming a member of the NY State Smart Grid Consortium please click on the below link and complete the form.
Membership in the New York State Smart Grid Consortium (NYSSGC) provides organizations with access to the industry leaders that are part of this unique public-private partnership devoted to promoting broad statewide implementation of a safe, secure and reliable smart grid. As a nonprofit organization established specifically to accelerate grid modernization throughout New York State, the Consortium serves as a very strong forum for member organizations to develop and shape future policies, projects and strategies.