Robert B. Catell
Chairman, New York State Smart Grid Consortium Chairman, Advanced Energy Research and Technology Center (AERTC) at Stony Brook Former Chairman, U.S., National Grid Former Chairman & CEO, KeySpan Corporation
Mr. Catell was formerly the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of KeySpan Corporation and KeySpan Energy Delivery, the former Brooklyn Union Gas. His career with Brooklyn Union Gas started in 1958. Following National Grid’s acquisition of KeySpan Corporation, Mr. Catell became Chairman of National Grid, U.S. and Deputy Chairman of National Grid plc.
He currently serves as Chairman of the Board of the Advanced Energy Research and Technology Center (AERTC) at Stony Brook University, New York State Smart Grid Consortium, Cristo Rey Brooklyn High School, KEYERA Energy Management Ltd., Futures in Education Endowment Fund, and the New York Energy Policy Institute’s Advisory Council (NYEPI).
Mr. Catell serves on the Board of the following governmental organizations:
- New York State Energy Research & Developmental Authority (NYSERDA)
- NYS Economic Development Power Allocation Board (EDPAB)
Mr. Catell serves on the Board of the following not for profit organizations:
- Brooklyn Community Foundation
- City College of New York 21st Century Foundation
- Colin Powell School for Civic & Global Leadership
- Feinstein Institute for Medical Research
- National Grid Foundation
- Tomorrow’s Hope Foundation
- New York City Police Foundation
Mr. Catell serves on the Board of the following business organizations:
- First National Bank of New York (FNBNY)
- KEYERA Energy Management Ltd.
- Long Island Angel Network (LIAN)
- Long Island Association (LIA)
- National Petroleum Council
- New York Academy of Science (NYAS)
Mr. Catell serves on the Advisory Board for:
- Advanced Power North America (APNA)
- CAI Investments
- EC Infosystems
- CCI Energy Solutions
- Our Energy Policy Foundation
- Posillico Inc.
- SUNY Farmingdale
- President’s Advisory Council at Adelphi University
- Winthrop Hospital Board of Regents
- NYU Poly Advisory Committee of the New York City Accelerator for a Clean and Renewable Economy (NYC ACRE)
Mr. Catell is a former Chairman of the American Gas Association, Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce, Long Island Association, Partnership for New York City, Inc., U.S. Energy Association (USEA), Business Council of NYS, the Advisory Board of the City College of New York’s School of Engineering, and the Downtown Brooklyn Partnership.
Mr. Catell was a board member of: the Brooklyn Public Library Foundation, Edison Electric Institute (EEI), Energy Association of NYS, Long Island Foreign Affairs Forum, the advisory board of HeartShare for Human Services, and the Brooklyn Law School (Member Emeritus).
Mr. Catell is a member of the Association of Energy Engineers, CUNY Business Leadership Council, National Society of Professional Engineers, NYS Society of Professional Engineers, and the Society of Gas Lighting.
Mr. Catell received both his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Mechanical Engineering from the City College of New York and is a registered Professional Engineer. He has attended Columbia University’s Executive Development Program, and the Advanced Management Program at the Harvard Business School.