Reforming the Energy Vision (REV) Proceeding
This section takes a closer look at the Reforming the Energy Vision (REV) Proceeding currently taking place in New York State. This section also summarizes the major initiatives that the Consortium has undertaken to help advance this effort.
OverviewThe New York State Public Service Commission (PSC) commenced its Reforming the Energy Vision (REV) initiative to reform New York State’s energy industry and regulatory practices.
This initiative will lead to regulatory changes that promote more efficient use of energy, deeper penetration of renewable energy resources such as wind and solar, along with wider deployment of “distributed” energy resources such as microgrids, on-site power supplies and storage.
It will also promote greater use of advanced energy management products to enhance demand elasticity and efficiencies. These changes, in turn, will empower customers by allowing them more choice in how they manage and consume electric energy.
You can learn more about the REV proceeding on the PSC site, please click here.
Click here to learn more about the NY REV Working Groups.
- Central Hudson DSIP Report
- Central Hudson DSIP Appendices
- Con Ed DSIP Report
- National Grid DSIP Report
- National Grid Errata
- NYSEG and RG&E DSIP Report
- Orange and Rockland DSIP Report
- Joint Utilities Supplemental DSIP
MDPT ProcessOn January 8, 2015, a REV Judge issued a ruling that New York State Department of Public Service (DPS) Staff should immediately select, convene and coordinate, with the New York State Smart Grid Consortium and Rocky Mountain Institute, the facilitation of continued work in Track One of the REV proceeding in the areas of market design and platform technology to consider and develop Distributed System Platform (DSP) rules and operational procedures. Please see below for a link to view the Judge’s ruling along with other REV-related documents.
- Market Design & Platform Final Report
- Market Design & Platform Technology Group Scoping Document
- Market Design & Platform Technology Work Plan
- Market Design & Platform Technology Work Plan Memo
- Market Design & Platform Technology Work Plan Memo Appendix A
- Market Design & Platform Technology Work Plan Memo Appendix B
- New York REV Working Groups Website
- NY State Public Service Commission (PSC) – Judge Ruling Regarding Market Design and Platform Technology Working Groups
- NY State Public Service Commission (PSC) – Order Adopting a Ratemaking and Utility Revenue Model Policy Framework (PDF)
- NY State Public Service Commission (PSC) – Order Adopting Regulatory Policy Framework and Implementation Plan
- Central Hudson Gas & Electric Benefit-Cost Analysis (BCA) Handbook (PDF)
- Con Ed Benefit Cost Analysis Handbook (PDF)
- National Grid Benefit-Cost Analysis Handbook (PDF)
- NYSEG Benefit Cost Analysis (PDF)
- Joint Utilities of New York – Summary of Current JU DSP Enablement Efforts
- NYDPS and NYSERDA – 2014 Survey of Residential Electric Customers Interest in Value Added Products and Services – Executive Summary
- Utilities: The Future’s Distribution System Platform (IntelligentUtility.com)
- REV What it Means to Energy Consumers