Project Manager at New York State Smart Grid Consortium
The New York State Smart Grid Consortium (Consortium) is seeking an experienced Project Manager to work on various projects and initiatives. These include, among others, the Consortium’s role supporting New York’s Reforming the Energy Vision (REV) Proceeding, the NY Prize Microgrid initiative, participation in various grid modernization development projects, and the Consortium’s role in an ARPA-E project to develop a Distributed System Operator (DSO) Simulation Studio. The Project Manager would function as the overall manager of the Consortium projects working closely with the Executive Director, covering a wide range of responsibilities described below.
- Provide technical support for projects and coordinate initiatives at the Consortium including activities related to the REV proceeding, NY prize, and the DSO software simulation platform.
- Research emerging microgrid/smart grid policies and technologies to promote new uptakes of related projects and disseminate outcomes.
- Prepare presentations and conduct research for various events featuring the Consortium.
- Provide technical advisory services to various stakeholders on grid modernization, potential financing mechanisms, and best operational practices.
- Create and manage project development schedules and budgets to ensure timely and cost-effective project completion.
- Engage external consultants as needed.
- Coordinate and organize working group meetings and larger workshops.
- 5+ years experience in:
- energy industry, including experience in renewable energy, smart grid technology, and microgrids.
- energy project development.
- managing multidisciplinary development projects.
- Experience developing grid modernization projects including technology assessment, project financing and regulatory implications. Track record of managing interdisciplinary projects.
- Network of consultants and other professional relationships to support NYSSGC in-house development efforts
- Experience working with project stakeholders and in public environments.
- Experience presenting project development activities to senior management.
- Superior writing and public speaking skills.
- 5+ years experience with commercial and/or utility-smart grid project development.
- Track record of independently leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Masters Degree in a related field.
Location: New York City
Position Type: Full-time
To apply for this position, please click here.