We are pleased to welcome you to both the latest edition of our Annual Advanced Energy Conference and the inauguration of The New York State partnership of energy conferences. Indeed, Advanced Energy 2013 is a watershed event that brings together 19 individual energy conferences from throughout New York State to create what we believe to be the most complete and far-reaching event of its kind in the nation.
The number of conference tracks has doubled to 14 since 2010, its inaugural year, with over 90 separate sessions and 346 subject matter experts presenting to more than 2,000 attendees.
For more information, refer to:
Advanced Energy 2013 Website
Advanced Energy 2013 Official Program
Compendium of All Research Programs – June 2013 Update
Please see below for links to presentations from the various work sessions held under the Smart Grid Technology track during the two-day conference.
- Tom Magee, Con Edison: Building A Smarter Grid Through Distribution Automation
- Michael Swider, NYISO: U.S. Department of Energy Smart Grid Investment Grant Project
- Rob Rowe, LIPA: Smart Grid as a Process and a Life Cycle
- H. G. Chissell, Viridity: Empowering Consumers: Entering the Smart Grid Future
- Matthew Enstice, Buffalo Niagara Medical: Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus – An Innovative Partnership
- Ed White, National Grid: 3 C’s of SmartGrid — Choice, Control and Convenience
- Mohan Wanchoo, Jasmine Systems: Home Area Networks
- William Miller, MaCT: ISO/IEC/IEEE P21451-1-4 XMPP for the Smart Grid
- Andy Bochman, IBM: Electric Sector Security Awareness Rising
- Jeffrey Katz, IBM: Dealing With Your Smart Grid Insecurities
- Dr. Rae Zimmerman, New York University: Dependency of Electric Power on Information Technology and Cybersecurity
- Ernest Hayden, Verizon: Four Layers of Smart Grid Security
- Carl Imhoff, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory: Grid Modernization – A Strategic Imperative for 2050
- Dr. Mani Vadari, Modern Grid Solutions: What makes for a Smart Utility?
- Dr. Anjan Bose, Washington State University: The Architecture of the Next Generation Control Centers
- Dr. Heiko Lehmann, Deutsche Telekom AG: Smart Grid Potential of TELCO Infrastructure
- Rebecca Norman, VSE Corp: Diagnostics, Prognostics and Condition Monitoring for Energy Efficiency
- Omar Saad, Hydro Quebec: Simulation and modeling of smarter large power grids
- Matt Futch, IBM: Global Smart Grid: Projects and Best Practice
- Bruce Fardanesh, NYPA: Direct Non-Iterative Power System State Solution and Estimation