- November 17-20, 2013 – Managing Risk: Protecting Consumers and Critical Assets. The National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC) will be celebrating its 125th year anniversary with its annual meeting that will feature panels ranging on topics from customer service outage and restoration and technologies of the future utility model, to the future of engineering and operating the electric grid to the distributed generation revolution. All states will be present to collaborate on new ideas and share best practices to better regulate utilities that provide essential services such as energy, telecommunications, water, and transportation. For conference agenda and full details please visit the event website.
- October 30, 2013 – Alliance for Clean Energy New York’s 7th Annual Fall Conference & Membership Meeting. The Alliance for Clean Energy New York’s 7th Annual Fall Conference and Membership meeting will feature NYSSGC Executive Director James T. Gallagher on a panel titled “Emerging Clean Energy Opportunities.” The keynote address given by Richard Kauffman, Governor Cuomo’s Chairman of Energy & Finance and Chairman, New York State Energy Research & Development Authority (NYSERDA) Board of Directors, and which will also feature speakers from NYSSGC member organizations Consolidated Edison, NYSERDA, NYPA, and the NY ISO. For additional information or conference agenda, please visit their website.
- October 30-31, 2013 – Tech Valley and Beyond: Growing Sustainable Infrastructure at the Speed of Life. Join the NYSSGC, member organization National Grid, and fellow thought-leaders and stakeholders at the Appreciative Inquiry (AI) Regional Infrastructure Forum to discuss identify, and design infrastructure solutions that can be prioritized and implemented to enhance the economic ecosystem of Tech Valley and the greater Capital Region. For additional information and conference agenda, please visit their website.
- October 21-22, 2013 – 13th Annual SyracuseCoE Symposium: Urban Reinvention and Resilience. Organized by the Syracuse Center of Excellence in Environmental and Energy Systems (SyracuseCoE), this event features the latest results from collaborators across the nation and beyond that are developing innovations and research in advanced building technologies, clean and renewable energy, healthy buildings, indoor environmental quality, sustainable communities, sustainable materials management, and water resources. This event is sponsored in part by NYSSGC members NYSERDA, NYPA, and National Grid, and will feature John Rhodes, President and CEO of NYSERDA, on a panel discussing New York State’s emerging clean energy economy. For additional information or registration, please visit their website.
- October 10-11, 2013 – Workshop on Microgrid Technology and Applications. The Center for Future Energy Systems (CFES) at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, in collaboration with New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA), will host a two-day workshop focused on microgrids as a means to improve the resiliency of the electricity supply system that is essential to modern societies. An understanding of different options, their pros and cons, as well as the associated technical, economical, and regulatory issues is important and is the goal of this workshop. NYSSGC is a sponsor of the event and Executive Director James Gallagher will be speaking Friday morning on a panel focused on opportunities for New York City and New York State. See PDF for details.
- September 26-27, 2013 – Model-Centric Smart Grid Workshop: From Hard Dollar Justification to Real-Time Control and the Analytics That Make It Possible. Hosted by Consortium member Brookhaven National Laboratory at their Long Island facility, this two-day workshop will focus on Orange and Rockland Utilities’ model-centric approach to smart grid and will engage key managers and technical personnel. See PDF for details
- September 25, 2013 – Tail Wags Dog: Smart Grid and Interactive Building Systems. As part of the 5th annual Climate Week NYC, join Green Light New York and the New York State Smart Grid Consortium for an exciting panel focused on discussing the interaction between smart grid technology and smart building end-use systems. Ron Ambrosio, Chief Technology Officer at IBM Smarter Energy Research, a Consortium member organization, will be featured on the panel. Please visit the event website for more details.
- August 8, 2013 – The Value Proposition in Microgrids: Reliability, Resiliency and Investment Opportunities after Sandy. Co-hosted by NYU School of Law and the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF), Jim Gallagher, Executive Director of the NYS Smart Grid Consortium will speak on a panel on Thursday, August 8 at 10:45am ET. Other NYSSGC members that will be speaking on panels during the event include Craig Ivey, President of Consolidated Edison Company of New York; Kenneth Daly, President of National Grid New York; and Sergej Mahnovski, PhD, Dir. of Energy Policy, NYC Mayor’s Office.
- August 6, 2013 – DOE Webinar: Commercial Building Energy Data Access: A Success Story and New Resources. Jim Gallagher, Executive Director of the NYS Smart Grid Consortium will participate in a webinar organized by the Department of Energy’s Building Technologies Office on Tuesday, August 6 at 3pm ET.
Click here for more information about the DOE webinar and to register
- June 27, 2013 – New York Energy Week — Fueling Collaboration and Investment. Jim Gallagher, Executive Director of the NYS Smart Grid Consortium will be one of the speakers during the Closing Ceremony New York Energy Week on June 27 at 6:00 PM
- June 11, 2013 – NY-BEST sponsored One-Day Forum – Energy Storage and Microgrids: Building a Better Grid
Jim Gallagher, Executive Director of the NYS Smart Grid Consortium will be presenting in Session 2 – Energy Policy Roundtable, between 1:30 – 3:00 PM
- June 4-5, 2013 – NYC Solar Summit 2013
The NYC Solar Partnership, led by Sustainable CUNY is comprised of the City University of New York, the NYC Mayor’s Office of Long Term Planning and Sustainability and the NYC Economic Development Corporation, with considerable collaboration from Con Edison. Funding for City and State programs are provided by the U.S. Department of Energy, the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority and the New York Power Authority.
- April 30th – May 1st 2013 – Advanced Energy 2013
Advanced Energy 2013 returns to New York City this April, recast in an exciting, new, and expanded format. The Advanced Energy Conference – New York State’s largest advanced energy event – has joined with energy conferences from across the state to create The New York State Partnership of Energy Conferences.
- April 23, 2012 – Smart Cities Executive Evening
The NYS Smart Grid Consortium will be partnering with AGRION to put on the Smart Cities Executive Evening
- October 15, 2009 – NYSTAR Meeting – DOE FOA
Smart Grid Consortium Members and other interested parties: As a member of the New York State Smart Grid Consortium, NYSTAR is pleased to invite you to a meeting to discuss and, if sufficient interest exists, strategically plan a collaborative application to the Department of Energy in response to their Funding Opportunity Announcement